James Barry, Executive Secretary Treasurer of the IBEW/CCO (right) with Minister of Labour, Monte McNaughton (left). James has been named as one of 14 members to the Ontario government’s Construction Advisory Panel. The Panel will meet with the Minister of Labour three times per year.
Originally published on the Daily Commercial News.
Ontario names members of Construction Advisory Panel
TORONTO — The Ontario government has released a list of 14 members named to its Construction Advisory Panel.
The committee was initially announced Sept. 26, 2019 and will meet with Minister of Labour Monte McNaughton three times a year, a release said.
The members are:
- Wayne Peterson, Construction Employers Coordinating Council of Ontario
- Graeme Aitken, Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario
- Richard Lyall, Residential Construction Council of Ontario
- Tom Howell, EllisDon
- Karen Renkema, Progressive Contractors Association of Canada
- Sandra Skivksy, Canadian Masonry Centre
- Michael Gallardo, Merit Ontario
- Patrick Dillon, Provincial Building and Construction Trades Council of Ontario
- James Barry, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Construction Council of Ontario
- Bruno Mandic, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- James St. John, Central Ontario Building Trades
- Sean McCormick, Elevators’ Union Local 50
- Joseph Mancinelli, Labourers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA)
- Merissa Preston, LIUNA Local 506.
A spokesperson for the ministry said, “Minister McNaughton has been in constant communication with members of the Construction Advisory Panel. While they are scheduled to meet three times a year, the COVID-19 outbreak has made in-person meetings a challenge. Nevertheless, the minister continues to seek guidance from members of the panel on a regular basis.”